Illustrator turned Photographer Johnathan Williams, also known as Pharaoh, sits down with me to talk about his foundation and incredibly fast rise in and around his creative endevours. Having known of Johnathan from his illustration days, we cover everything from family life to mutual friends, topped off with an incredible backstage story at Reading Festival 2019 in part 2.
Below you can find part 1 of our recording – with part 2 coming soon. Further down, you can see the selected clips and references from our conversation. If you wish to see more of Johnathan’s work, check out the links at the bottom of the page.
Episode 2 – Johnathan Williams (pt.1)
2.1 – The Freelance and Academic Balance
– Early Instagram work from Johnathan.
– Promarkers used in Johnathan’s early work.
2.2 – Solo Showing Punch Records
– Anthony Lee, formerly of Punch Records
– Gap Arts
2.3 – Transitioning into Photography
2.4 – Working with SB.TV
– Highlights and more in-depth links from the 0121Radio @ Selfridges can be found here.
– SB.TV on YouTube (also available at SBTV.co.uk)